Social Media & Email Marketing AssistantSanta Monica, CA
Sankalpa is seeking a Social Media & Email Marketing Assistant to help share yoga and art with the world.
Position: Social Media & Email Marketing Assistant
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Sankalpa’s mission is to support independent yogis & artists and to connect people through yoga. We collaborate with yogis and artists from around the world to create eco-friendly artist designed yoga mats. We distribute these products and associated content via livesankalpa.com, and through our international distribution partners.
Every purchase made at Sankalpa helps support an independent yogi & artist. To find out more, visit us at www.livesankalpa.com.
We’re on the lookout for a Social Media & Email Marketing Assistant who will work closely with our CEO & Founder in conceptualizing, creating and posting content across all platforms on a day-to-day basis. This socially savvy individual will manage the collection and launch process for marketing campaigns in Instagram, Facebook and Mailchimp. You’ll collaborate with our team to bring the vision of the brand to life with engaging and immersive social media and email experiences. You will also help develop and execute our yogi brand ambassador program. You are genuinely passionate about social media and email marketing, and are constantly thinking about new ways to innovate on these platforms. You understand that content plays a critical role in making an experience unique and defining a brand. You have a portfolio of work that demonstrates an understanding for social media and email marketing, and have thought about how different types of users interact with different social platforms and different types of content. You will work directly with our Founder & CEO to deliver exceptional content on our social platforms and through email.
Who you are:
- You have 2+ years working in a full-time social media role, and experience with email marketing
- Highly proficient in using social media platforms, especially Facebook, Instagram, Hootsuite and photo editing applications
- Proficient with an email marketing platform, preferably direct experience with Mailchimp
- Hands on experience executing creative social media and email campaigns
- Ability to create and manage day-to-day social media communication
- Great at juggling multiple projects and prioritizing as needed
- Known for having a solid eye for detail and a great taste for aesthetics
- Great at giving and receiving feedback with clarity and empathy
- Flexibility to accept feedback and quickly change direction/priorities when required
- Genuinely passionate about social media and email marketing, a desire to learn new things, able to work on your own but love collaborating as part of a growing team
- Eagerness to help define and execute growth strategy for quickly growing startup
What you'll do:
- Content creation and maintenance
- Help define and implement social media direction across our entire online experience
- Create daily posts for Facebook and Instagram and manage communications through all social media platforms
- Generate original content (with a heavy emphasis on creation of original imagery) for initiatives and promotion of the company as a lifestyle brand, aligning with brand voice and aesthetic
- Create bi-monthly email campaigns in Mailchimp
- Help with new content generation as needed, including strategy and execution of photoshoots.
- Help ideate and execute influencer partnerships (giveaways, brand ambassador program, and more)
- You are a yogi or yoga teacher!
- Solid graphic design skills and the ability to manipulate photography so that it pops online
- Some familiarity with photography and photoshoots
- A track record of building interesting and/or challenging projects
- Some experience with a brand ambassador program
- Experience with Facebook Advertising
- Familiarity with growth hacking techniques
If you are a social media and email marketer who’s passionate about conteand want to help define the design culture at Sankalpa, we’d love to hear from you!